Thursday, March 29, 2007

And Today We Jumped??

Oh my, it had been quite a while since I jumped, November maybe, and the last time I jumped I fell off. Plus the fact that I was told that T gets a little YAHOO sometimes while jumping I was a little put off when instructor said lets do a little cross rail. Ummmm ok. So I pop my stirrups up two holes from my normal length, I am riding on the knee blocks, but am able to get off T's back if needed. Off we go, me feeling a least a lot perched up on top. Trot around the ring a few times, approach jump, instructor says grab mane just in case, I am thinking to my self "Oh Shit". And over we go simple as that. Again and Again, the only hitch happened when horse decided that the 12 inch cross rail wasn't big enough to require any effort and he knocked the thing down and scared himself. Jumping was awesome, finished off with some not so awesome leg yields. I must figure out the correct combination to prevent over flexing inwards and shoulder drifting. Got some nive lengthenings though.

Next week I am riding S instead of T. . It'll be interesting, large warmblood mare versus thorouighbred gelding.

No comments: