Tuesday, June 5, 2007

One of those rides when you fall in love again . . .

Just got back from the best ride I think I have ever had in my life.

Instructor is away for 2 weeks so I get to have a few rides to play around.

Warm up, walk trot both ways we do some circles, serpentines, spirals. Started to do some leg yield was fine on left rein, switched to right he was really leading with the shoulder and drifting, did a few staircase ones then tried to do one off the rail because that usally fixes the shoulder. No leg yeild but what do we get . .. counter canter. Ok fine, I wasn't planning on cantering but ok so few nice strides and come back to trot. I'm getting kinda tired so go onto a circle to do sone stretching horse sees a cat or something in the field starts to get a little looky, so I ask him to bring his brain back to the task at hand, do some bending and then asked him to really trot on. Got a lovely not pissy canter, did 3 circles. Break through.

I think that I am afraid of it looking/getting ugly so I don't ride as agressively in lessons as I should.

It was interesting having to analyze the ride myself instead of having eyes on the ground telling me what is wrong I had to feel it for myself.

Wow. Learned alot.

No comments: